What Is Thinkific?
Thinkific is a versatile, all-in-one platform that makes it simple to share your expertise, increase your following, and scale your existing business. Whether you’re teaching ten students or ten million, you can rest assured that you’re using the most user-friendly technology and receiving the greatest support available.
They make it simple to get started or advance your studies with the help of their award-winning customer service. It’s even easier to create professional-looking content that corresponds with your brand, business, and vision now that the Thinkific App Store has launched.
Who Uses Thinkific?
Thinkific is used by a wide range of people today, including small enterprises, creatives, consultants, coaches, authors, presenters, and trainers, as well as professional associations, larger companies, and institutions.
Over 36,000-course developers utilize Thinkific, including well-known figures such as Lewis Howes (School of Greatness), John Lee Dumas (Entrepreneur on Fire), and Sunny Lenarduzzi (YouTube guru). Hootsuite, Samsung, Intuit, and Aweber are among the company’s Enterprise customers.
Thinkific has a free plan that allows for three courses and unlimited users, and commercial plans start at $499 per month ($399 if paid annually) for an enterprise license. The basic package, which costs $49 per month ($39 if paid yearly), offers a significant increase in functionality, while the Pro plan, which costs $99 per month ($79 if paid annually), includes all of the capabilities that most course entrepreneurs will ever require. (It’s also worth noting that none of Thinkific’s plans have transaction fees.)
Thinkific puts you in control with its strong yet simple features. Create courses that your students will enjoy, and establish a business that your former colleagues will admire.
- Unparalleled Learning Opportunity
-Flexible material, such as live lessons, unrestricted video, communities, evaluations, and more, will help you realize your vision.
- You will have everything you need
-Create a successful business with ready-to-use e-commerce, a customizable website, sales tools, and more.
- Produce positive outcomes for your learners.
-With the best online learning experience on the market, you can share your knowledge, train your staff, and make a genuine difference.
- Cohorts & Live Lessons
-Deliver the type of learning experience you desire, whether it’s live, on-demand, or mixed.
- Certificates & Assessments
-Quizzes, engagement surveys, assignments, tests, and certifications are all available.
- Monitoring of Progress
-In-depth reporting to track students’ development, as well as certificates to recognize their accomplishments.
- Memberships & Communities
-Create recurring revenue with Memberships and engage your students with Communities.
- Run your business the way you choose.
-Everything you’ll need to start, run, and scale your education business quickly and easily. There is no requirement for coding, and no permission is necessary.
- Website builder with drag and drop functionality
-Create a unique storefront or school to highlight the value of your courses.
- Includes E-commerce
-There are no transaction fees, and you can accept payments from over 100 countries, making it simple to get started selling.
- Flexibility in product design
-Sell individual courses, bundles, digital downloads, or memberships based on your expertise.
- Sell and market
-Coupons, monthly payments, and subscriptions can all be used to customize pricing.
- Make an impression on others.
-You must appear professional and true to your brand, whether you are representing yourself or an entire team.
- Themes for websites
-Beautiful and simple-to-use website themes give you a professional appearance without the added expense.
- Customizations that are more advanced
-Create a brand that is visually appealing and works well with a variety of designs and adaptations.
- Creating your own domain
-Thinkific allows you to quickly replace Thinkific’s branding with your own professional domain.
- Join your tools together
-Do you already have a website, mailing list, or CRM? Thinkific work in unison with the rest of your software.
- Collaborate with others who care.
-You have an entire community behind you, with over 200 people at Thinkific HQ and 50,000+ course developers.
- Support that is at the forefront of the industry
-Get immediate assistance from a staff of highly trained and award-winning Customer Champions.
- Thinkific Academy
-Take your courses to the next level with premium courses and webinars from industry leaders.
- A Group of Experts
-With a community of over 50,000-course authors, you can share ideas, inspiration, and strategies.
- A comprehensive assistance center
-Thousands of high-quality online courses on developing, marketing, and selling are available.
- Increase the size of your company without any restrictions.
-Thinkific, unlike other course platforms, is built for businesses but created for everyone. From your first to your millionth student.
- Trusted by the best
-Industry luminaries like Shopify, HBO, Hootsuite, and others have put it through its paces.
- Automations & Open API
-Because of Thinkific’s API and architecture, you can use whichever tools you like.
- Safe Cloud Hosting
-You can relax knowing that your data is being monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and that your cloud hosting is secure and reliable There are SSL certificates supplied as well.
-Thinkific Plus includes white-glove customer support, numerous websites, better security, and other features.
The Thinkific App Store provides course developers with best-in-class tools to help them run and scale their companies and profit from the $350 billion online education market. Course designers may fully customize their courses and other learning products, market their businesses, and streamline their procedures with the Thinkific App Store. The Thinkific platform, which has been developed for ease of use and easy interaction, manages the shop and all apps. This allows course developers to simply customize their courses to include unique and sophisticated functionality without requiring technological expertise.
The Thinkific App Store has applications in four different categories:
- Student engagement: Functionality that encourages and boosts student participation. Lessonspace (visual collaboration), Zoom (live lessons), and Motrain (gamification) are some of the apps available (gamification).
- Scaling: Tools to assist course developers in growing their businesses, reaching new audiences, and increasing revenue. Shopify (ecommerce), Typeform (surveys), and DropInBlog are some of the apps available (content and search engine optimization).
- Tracking and reporting: Analytics that will allow course authors to gain a better understanding of their students’ habits, preferences, and requirements. Segment, Google Analytics, and Mixpanel are some of the apps available (data collection and analysis).
- Automation: Backend operations and customer communication are simplified with email automation technologies. ActiveCampaign, Mailchimp, and ConvertKit are some of the apps available (email automation).
Creating A Course On Thinkific
You can begin building a new course right immediately:
- Go to Manage Learning Content to get started.
- Choose Courses
- On the upper right, select +New Course.
Thinkific offers a variety of course templates to help you get started. Note that these are only suggestions; once you begin working on the course, you can entirely personalize it. Aside from the Blank Course, each of the course templates provides a series of lessons built around learning best practices. Each template includes an instructive lesson at the start to help you get the most out of it.
To select a template, follow these steps:
- Select Choose on the template that you want to use.
- Give your course a name (This can always be changed later)
- Choose Create Course
Adding Your Content:
Thinkific’s Bulk Importer allows you to contribute content to your course in bulk or lesson by lesson.
- Bulk Importer
- If you already have video, audio, and/or PDF content prepared, you may upload it all at once using the Bulk Importer option of the Course Builder.
- Adding Individual Lessons
- You must first create a new chapter before you can begin adding lessons to your course. Chapters can be thought of as containers that hold one or more teachings.
How to Create a New Chapter:
- Make sure you’re in the Curriculum section of the website.
- Click Add Chapter on the left-hand side.
- Fill up the Chapter title field with anything you like.
- Hit Save button
You can begin adding lessons to your course once you’ve created a chapter. You’ll need to pick which lesson types to include in your course before proceeding with these stages.
How To Add A New Lesson:
- Make sure you’re in the Curriculum section of the website.
- Click Add Lesson on the left-hand side.
- Choose the type of lesson you want to add.
- Fill up the Lesson Title field with anything you like.
- Insert your content.
- Hit Save button
Incorporating Lessons from a Different Course (Optional)
You can copy the content to your existing course if you already have a course with content you’d like to add.
The Course Builder’s Settings tab is where you may enter basic details for your course, such as:
- Basic Settings
- This is where you can change the name and URL of your course, as well as the instructor who will appear on your course card.
- Course description and Image
- The image of your course will display on your course cards, and the description of your course will appear on your checkout pages and in many spots based on your theme.
- Course Player appearance
- Students will engage with your content in the Course Player, which is a learning environment. Course Player’s appearance can be customized to match your company’s identity.
- Course Completion and Progress
- There are some optional settings that you may want to change. Depending on your current Thinkific plan, you’ll have the following options:
- Video lesson autoplay – When a video lesson is finished, it will autoplay and advance to the next lesson.
- Video completion percentage is necessary – When a learner achieves your targeted completion percentage, the video lesson will be marked complete.
- Chapter completion messages – When students finish a chapter, a popup appears by default. This can be turned off.
- Certificates of completion – When your students have completed your course completely, give them a certificate.
- Customize the page that students see once they’ve completed your course 100 percent. This is optional, and as a student, you may always preview your course to see how the default completion page appears.
- Here’s where you can add custom code to your course landing page. This isn’t necessary. If you plan to promote your course via an external sales page, this field is frequently used.
Use SEO to determine how search engines and social media will perceive your landing pages.
Update Your Landing Page:
By clicking the Build Landing Page link in the top right corner of your Course Builder, you may reach the course’s landing page.
Steps to Take Before Publication:
You’re almost ready to launch your course once you’ve added some content and carefully constructed your course landing page.
Here’s a rundown of the last few processes before publication:
- Check lessons with warnings – In the Curriculum tab, make sure there are no red warnings of missing content.
- Uncheck Draft on any chapters and lessons you want your students to be able to access – Even if your course is launched, the Draft setting will keep content hidden until it is deleted.
- Set up a payment integration – To accept payments, link to Stripe and/or PayPal.
- Set your pricing – In the Pricing tab, enter the cost for your course.
- Run through your course as if you were a student – Preview your course as if you were a student to see if there’s anything you missed.
- Customize your site name and URL – If your Thinkific site still has the default URL, you can change it before sharing it with your audience.
- Personalize your site’s home page – You can personalize your site’s home page with branding. You can set a home page redirect to your course landing page if this is your only course and you want your course landing page to be the only page visitors see when they visit your site.
Optional customizations include:
- Create a drip schedule for your course to control when your students will have access to content.
- Create a Free Preview of Your Course – To attract leads, create a Free Preview of Your Course.
- Add a discussion component to your course by enabling discussions.
- Customize your site notifications – You may customize the emails that students will get when they register for your course.
After checking, hit the Publish button.
Thinkific video size Limit
- All Thinkific services include unlimited video hosting, with a 2GB file size restriction per video. Compressing your videos to reduce file size is suggested. Smaller videos will allow your video to upload and download more faster, which will benefit your students whether they are using wifi or slower internet connections.
Thinkific Sample Courses:
GuitarZero2Hero is an online resource that teaches individuals how to play the guitar. Beginners can learn everything from the fundamentals to more advanced methods including fingerpicking, barre chords, and using FX pedals.
GZ2H offers premium plans that include access to a comprehensive library of 170+ premium videos and PDFs, in addition to a large number of free courses.
- Olive Knits
Marie Greene began knitting at the age of 11 at her grandmother’s side. She has now converted her hobby into a full-time career.
Marie has a large number of things available on her website. She has three books, a blog, and a podcast under her belt. She also sells custom-made knitting patterns for sweaters, cardigans, tees, accessories, and other items.
In addition, she also offers online courses and membership packages to add to her remarkable list of product offerings.
- Katie Evans – The Workshop 101
Katie Evans, a professional photographer, leads a 4-week interactive video course called The Worship: Key to Photography 101.
It covers everything your pupils need to know about using their DSLR camera and taking better photos. Whether they’re entirely new to photography or experienced photographers trying to better, there’s something for everyone.
Is Thinkific Legitimate?
Yes, Thinkific is a real company. Since its founding in 2012, the company has grown to over 100 people who serve over 36,000 course creators.
How Much Money Can You Earn Using Thinkific?
Since the site’s launch, Thinkific clients have sold over $200 million in courses.
Thinkific’s price options are extremely versatile. You can charge on a subscription or membership basis, and you can use discounts and other promotional elements to drive sales. To entice more students to sign up, you can use upsells, payment plans, and personalized first-month payments.
You not only get to choose your own prices for your courses, but you also get paid right away when someone signs up. You may accept over 100 different currencies, accept all major credit cards, and do business with complete peace of mind thanks to 100 percent secure payments.
To encourage others to share your courses, you may even create your own affiliate prices. This encourages sharing while also providing immediate tracking so you can keep track of everything.
As you may have guessed, the quantity of money you may make on Thinkific is directly proportional to a number of factors.
- How much time and effort do you devote to your courses?
- How many courses do you have available?
- What are the charges?
- How many people can you persuade to join?
- How effective is your marketing?
Thinkific Pros and Cons
- Only course platform with no transaction fees and a free option. The free version of Thinkific is excellent. The main limitation is that you can only take one free course.
- Phone assistance is available. The only platform that provides phone help is Thinkific. On higher tiers, they also provide priority phone help.
- Customization is possible. You can make your business or website look and feel the same.
- Domain that is unique to you. While Thinkific will host your course, you can customize the URL to make it look like it belongs on your site.
- Contains an easy-to-use voice-over PowerPoint presentation application that simplifies video production.
- For more expensive courses, you can provide students with payment choices such as a monthly payment plan.
- A membership model allows you to offer a monthly recurring subscription for continued access to a course.
- There isn’t a course marketplace where you may sell your course.
- Although there is no integrated email marketing, you can easily connect to third-party email services such as MailChimp and Aweber.
- Although there is no built-in sales funnel builder, you can easily connect to third-party sales funnel builders like Clickfunnels and LeadPages.
- Although they are the only platform that offers phone help, there is no chat support.
PS: At the Course Creator Community we have one. of the largest Facebook Groups in the world for Course Creators. Everyone in there is super supportive and we all share tips and ideas!
We would love to invite you to join our Group! Simply click the link below to join