Do I need a website to use Clickfunnels?
No, you don’t.
You can create a Clickfunnels account without a website and then use Clickfunnels to create as many web pages as you like.
What’s the difference between Clickfunnels and a Traditional Website?
Traditionally if you wanted a website you would need to purchase a domain (e.g. www.coursecreatorcommunity.net), which is usually $10-$20 a year, and then also purchase web hosting, which is usually around $5-$10 per month. You would then either design your website yourself or hire a website designer (usually on WordPress).
If you want to use Clickfunnels, you don’t need to do this. As Clickfunnels is a SaaS (software as a service), all you need to do is register for a Clickfunnels account and they will provide you with a domain (e.g. www.coursecreatorcommunity.clickfunnels.com) and also provide your hosting. You can then create web pages on Clickfunnels. Clickfunnels costs between $97 and $397 a month.
If Clickfunnels is so much more expensive, why would anyone use it?
Clickfunnels has many advantages over a traditional website (and also many disadvantages too). A couple of the major advantages Clickfunnels holds is
- It’s ease of use. Clickfunnels is a lot easier (and faster) to create a webpage on Clickfunnels than a traditional website. So if you have absolutely zero WordPress skills – Clickfunnels is an attractive option.
- It can be used for pretty much anything e.g. websites, membership sites, sales pages, checkout carts – you name it
- It’s tailored for sales – products, courses, carts, upsells, downsells, emails, affiliates – if you’re looking to sell something online, Clickfunnels is an attractive option.
What advantages for a traditional website have over Clickfunnels?
If Clickfunnels is so good, why would someone still use a traditional website? A traditional website has it’s advantages too.
- Cost. Once you purchase your domain, you’re paying $5 maybe $10 a month for hosting. With Clickfunnels – you’re paying minimum $97 per month.
- SEO optimisation. A Clickfunnels website isn’t quite a ‘website’, chances are it’s not going to show up in a Google search. So if you want to capture traffic via Google – you’re going to need a traditional website.
- Professionalism. A traditional website looks and feels professional. A Clickfunnels website. Not so much.
Which one should I choose?
In an ideal world, you probably won’t both.
You want a website to look more professional and so you’re able to found on Google.
You want a Clickfunnels account (or something similar e.g. Kajabi, New Zenler etc) so you can quickly create products, courses, memberships, check out carts, upsells, downsells, affiliates etc.
Which one do you need first? That depends on what’s more important to you right now ☺
To answer the original question that was
Do I need a Website To Use Clickfunnels
The answer is no ☺
PS: At the Course Creator Community we have one. of the largest Facebook Groups in the world for Course Creators. Everyone in there is super supportive and we all share tips and ideas!
We would love to invite you to join our Group! Simply click the link below to join