Facebook Group Badges are a new-ish visual feature designed to help group members learn about other group members and their engagement level within the group.
There are a range of different Facebook Badge options (which we’ll cover later) and if a group member has earned a specific ‘badge’, it will appear next to a member’s name on group posts, comments, and on member profiles.
Different Facebook Groups will have different badges based on
- The type of Group
- What the Admin selects
If you’re an Admin of a Facebook Group, you can see what badges are available in your Group by doing the following
Step 1: Go to your Group Settings
Step 2: Scroll down the “Badges” section
Step 3: Select the “Edit Button”
All the badges currently available to your Group will appear. There are currently 10 common badges that you should have access to – see the screenshot below
Here’s a breakdown of what each Facebook Badge means.
- Admin. For members who manage the membership, moderators, settings, and posts for your Group. To receive this badge, a current Admin of the Group must specifically select a member to make them an Admin
- Moderator. For members who manage the membership and posts for your Group. To receive this badge, a current Admin of the Group must specifically select a member to make them a moderator.
- Group Expert. For members who answer questions and share their expertise with the group. To receive this badge, a current Admin of the Group must specifically select a member to make them a Group Expert.
- New Member. For new members. Shows for 2 weeks.
- Rising Star. For new members who have made engaging posts. Shows for at least 1 month.
- Visual Storyteller. For people who share engaging images or videos. Shows for 1 month.
- Conversation Starter. For people who create engaging posts and comments. Shows for 1 month.
- Founding Members. For members who helped build your Group by sharing it, inviting people or writing posts when the group was new.
Note: This is only available for “new-ish” Groups. If your Group was founded before this badge was available (2017) then you won’t have this option.
You can also check this FREE COURSE: How to Create an Online Course… In Less than 48 Hours… Even if you suck at tech!
At the Course Creator Community we have a Facebook Group specially for Online Course Creators. Everyone in there is super supportive and we all share tips and ideas. We would love to invite you to join the Group.