Want to know how to change a Facebook Group name?
It’s actually pretty easy… Under one condition… You have less than 5,000 members. If you have over 5,000 members there is no possible way to change the name of your Facebook Group. Facebook claims this is because “closed and public group names, members and group descriptions are visible to anyone and may be seen as part of someone’s identity on Facebook.”
So if you’re reading this blog and you’ve got over 5,000 members, sorry can’t help you :p! If you’re reading this blog and you’ve got close to 5,000 members – make a decision, either change it or forever hold your peace!
A couple of other important things to note
- You obviously need to be an Admin of the Group to change the name
- You can only change the name of the Group once every 28 days
Anyways, without further ado, here’s how to change a Facebook Group name
1.From your News Feed, click Groups in the left menu and select your group. If you don’t see Groups, click See More.
2. Click Settings in the left menu.
3. Click the pen next to Name and Description.
4. Enter a name and click Save.
1.Tap in the top right of Facebook and tap Groups
2. then Groups You Manage, then select your group. If you don’t see Groups, tap See More.
3. Tap , then tap Group Settings.
4. Tap Name and Description
5. Change the group name and then tap Save in the top right.
You can also check this FREE COURSE: How to Create an Online Course… In Less than 48 Hours… Even if you suck at tech!
At the Course Creator Community we have a Facebook Group specially for Online Course Creators. Everyone in there is super supportive and we all share tips and ideas. We would love to invite you to join the Group.