Podia vs Kartra Review
If you’re having trouble picking between the two and which is best for your business, this Podia vs Kartra comparison was created to help you make an informed decision.
Both of these channels are fantastic for selling things online and engaging your audience.
Both of these platforms have certain similarities, but there are also important differences to examine in order to pick the best choice.
Similarities between Podia and Kartra
- You can construct amazing membership sites with both of these platforms and provide different degrees of access to members depending on the plan they purchase.
- For memberships, both Kartra and Podia include a content drip option.
- You can upsell, bundle, and cross-sell your products, as well as offer coupons or discounts.
- There is a free trial available that gives you access to all of the features. Podia offers a 14-day free trial, whereas Kartra charges $1 for a 1-day trial.
In what areas does Podia outperform Kartra?
- Podia has amazing marketing and course customization tools when it comes to courses.
- Webinars are a terrific approach to warm up your target audience while promoting your items. You may use Podia to host webinars and live streaming. It will automatically record webinars, and you may provide replays to clients who pay for them. This is the most effective technique to generate a steady stream of revenue.
- You can choose suitable themes that match your websites while altering the parts, such as the dark theme, light theme, or any other custom theme.
Where does Kartra have an advantage over Podia?
- The funnel feature in Kartra is more complex and adaptable than Podia’s. It has a Done for your campaigns as well as a funnel sharing option.
- Kartra offers a variety of clean and professional-looking page and block templates. Podia, on the other hand, lacks block templates and its page templates appear to be old.
- With Kartra, you may split test up to four variations of sites as well as emails. With Podia, this is not possible.
- Kartra integrates seamlessly with a variety of payment gateways, SMS gateways, membership platforms, and more. When compared to Podia, Kartra has a larger number of integrations. You don’t need to use external connectors with Kartra because it already has all of the functionality you need to advertise your products.
- Kartra has a help desk feature that allows you to construct a live chat helpdesk, canned responses, and ticket systems without having to use ZenDesk, FreshDesk, Drift, or Intercom.
- The agency feature in Kartra is quite useful for agency owners who have several clients. You may manage all of your clients’ accounts from a single dashboard, allowing you to work more efficiently. You can even give your clients login credentials with particular permissions.
- Kartra offers a visual sequence builder with If-Then and Yes-No booleans, as well as strong automation.
- Kartra has lead scoring and lead tagging options for segmenting lists, which Podia lacks.
- Kartra has sophisticated marketing tools that Podia lacks, such as behavioral adaptive marketing, dynamic OTOs, downsells, and bump offers.
Podia vs. Kartra – A comparison of features
- Funnel building
Katra outperforms Podia when it comes to funnel creation. You can think of Katra as a ClickFunnels alternative because it is very similar to Clickfunnels.
Funnels are referred to as “campaigns” by Karta.
You can either develop your own campaigns from start or use ready-made DFY campaigns.
These do-it-yourself campaigns were created by industry experts, and you can use them to personalize them to fit your needs. You can share the funnels with other Kartra users or members of your team.
You may make a nice living through Kartra’s marketplace by sharing your amazing funnels with the community. You can specify any price you like, and Kartra will take care of the billing.
Podia is a terrible funnel builder. To develop the funnel sequence, you’ll need to employ its email marketing program.
To do so, you must first set up the events and then the automated follow-up procedures.
- Course/membership sites
Podia is the winner when it comes to courses.
You can create a course in Podia by going to products and creating a new online course there.
The course will be set to free by default, and you can modify the premium fee to anything you want.
Podia allows you to add more features to each course, such as course lectures, files, links, text, and quizzes.
When comparing Podia to Thinkific, however, Thinkific allows you to include some unique aspects such as surveys, PDFs, audio, downloads, presentations, exams, and assignments, which are extremely useful for expert course developers looking to scale their business.
To prevent students from binge-watching your lectures, Podia, like Teachable, allows you to drip the content over a period of time.
Dripping content also aids in the development of your personal brand and audience rapport. When you offer them upsells, the chances of them converting increase, resulting in higher conversions.
You can send your students welcome emails or notice emails whenever a new module is unlocked using Podia’s built-in email marketing tools.
As a result, you won’t have to spend money on third-party integrations.
There are no limits to the amount of courses you can develop, students you can enroll, emails you can send, or profits you can earn with Podia. It provides limitless access to everything.
You can also use Podia to construct appealing membership sites and earn recurring revenue by restricting content to premium plan subscribers.
It’s worth noting that the memberships function is only available in the shaker plan, which costs $79 per month.
Go to My memberships -> create new to start building your membership site with Kartra.
Kartra is one of the top membership site systems, and its features are more extensive than Podia’s.
The following are the features of both platforms’ membership sites:
- Multiple membership tiers
- There are several levels of membership
- All-in access vs. dripping overtime
- Posts are scheduled automatically.
- For increased engagement, use the comment section [comments and questions].
You can utilize Kartra’s password protection to provide password-based access to the material for added security.
Both Kartra and Podia provide a single sign-on feature that gives your clients a single password for all of the memberships they buy, prompting them to buy more.
- Design and page builder:
The Podia editor features a very user-friendly interface.
Using Podia’s built-in professional themes, you may construct a sales page, landing page, and shop page.
Additionally, depending on your website, you can select a dark theme, light theme, no theme, or custom theme while updating any of the parts. This is a feature that Kartra does not have.
Podia has a columns and rows function that allows you to break up your page and add visual features by arranging the information into rows and columns.
Podia also features a number of widgets that you may personalize and use on your page.
Let’s have a look at Kartra now.
You can design amazing pages with Kartra’s robust, feature-rich, and intuitive drag-and-drop builder.
Sites, settings, styles, sections, components, alert bar, helpdesk, and many other features are available.
The nice part is that there are plenty of templates for each of these blocks, including 500-page templates.
You can optimize pages for desktop, mobile, and tablet devices with a single click in both Kartra and Podia.
Unlike Podia, Kartra allows for up to four variations of A/B split testing of pages.
Its built-in page monitoring system will keep track of the pages that are being split tested to see which one is getting the most conversions.
- Automation and Email Marketing
To sell your products and courses, you may use Podia to deliver one-time newsletters and drip mailings.
Newsletters are a terrific method to keep customers informed about new products and courses. You may establish sales funnels with drip campaigns by sending automated emails.
It provides professional-looking email templates, however, personalization fields aren’t included.
You can divide the lists into segments based on whether or not the subscribers have purchased the products, as well as the type of products they have purchased.
This is quite useful for sending targeted emails to a certain audience.
For instance, you might send upsell offers to consumers who have previously purchased your product, or you can send nurture emails to cold customers to warm them up before pitching them on your items.
If you’re not happy with Podia’s email marketing features, you can use external connectors.
However, unlike Kartra, Podia lacks lead tagging and lead scoring, as well as a dedicated automation builder.
To develop and send automatic sequences, Kartra includes a specialized visual sequence builder.
You can send emails either using KartraMail or through an SMTP server.
When compared to competitors like ClickFunnels or Kajabi, Kartra lacks this type of visual builder.
KartraMail is distinguished by the following features:
- Kartra uses behavior-based automation to track consumer activity and deliver emails accordingly.
- Split testing: Kartra allows you to split test email content and subject lines, and its tracking system will automatically choose the one with the most conversions. So all you have to do now is set it and forget it.
- Personalization field: These custom fields allow you to provide highly tailored messages that enhance conversion rates screenshot
Kartra has a robust automation builder that is similar to ActiveCampaign or Drip.
To establish your marketing tactics, you can use IF-THEN automation and YES or NO booleans.
- Marketing and Checkout features
Both Podia and Kartra have a variety of marketing elements, like as:
- Product bundling
- Pre-launch courses, products, and sales pages
- Pre-sell courses
- Content dripping
- Cross-sell products
However, order bumps and upsells are not available in Podia, as they are in Kartra.
Kartra has a number of unique marketing elements, including:
Adaptive behavioral marketing:
You can use this to send consumers behavior-based emails to enhance conversions. You can even tailor the text, colors, and buttons based on historical user activity.
Because all of the Kartra services, such as KartraMail, KartraPages, and KartraLeads, are intimately integrated, you can use BAM to distribute tag-based, history-based, and list-based information to boost sales.
Kartra’s dynamic OTOs allow you to give one-time offers like as upsells, downsells, and order bumps based on the customers’ previous purchases.
- Affiliate marketing
You may build up affiliate programs for courses, subscriptions, and digital products using Podia.
To do so, enable the affiliates function and then customize the commission rates for each product.
You can ask your affiliates to advertise your items and be paid for their efforts by entering their email address.
There are two sorts of affiliate settings available in Kartra:
- Global affiliate settings
- Product-wise affiliate settings
Kartra allows you to define a global or per-product fixed price or percentage-based affiliate commission.
The following are some of its affiliates’ features:
- Custom affiliate portals
- Custom landing pages for affiliates
- Joint venture brokers
- Transaction-based or subscription-based
- Subscribe and tag your affiliates
Podia features a wide range of interfaces with email marketing software, payment gateways, and other services. Zapier integration is also included.
The following are the integrations:
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
You may link with a variety of apps utilizing Zapier integration, including:
- Google Sheets
Kartra’s integrations are more robust than Podia’s.
The following are some of the integrations:
- Payment gateways – Stripe, Authorize.net, PayPal, and Braintree.
- Email gateways – SendGrid, MailGun, Elastic Mail and Postmark.
- SMS gateways – Twilio, Plivo and Nexmo.
- Membership platforms – Kajabi(review), aMember, Digital Access Pass, Optimize Press, S2Member, and Wishlist.
- Hub connectors – Zapier
- Calendar Apps – Google Calendar
Kartra also includes custom integrations such as API and IPN connectivity.
Podia offers two different pricing options: mover and shaker. The mover plan is $439 per month, whereas the shaker plan is $79 per month.
You’ll need the shaker plan if you want features like memberships, blogs, embedded checkout, affiliate marketing, and third-party code, as the mover plan lacks them all.
The good news is that Podia is providing an annual billing reduction. If you sign up for annual paying, you’ll get two months of free access. You can save money by taking advantage of this deal.
Podia also offers a 14-day free trial that includes full access to all features. To get started, you don’t even need a credit card. Podia, unlike Teachable, does not charge any transaction fees.
Kartra has four pricing options, starting at $99 per month. If you wish to sell more, upgrade to a higher plan, which includes infinite products, memberships, helpdesks, and other features.
If you run an agency, Kartra’s agency function makes managing your clients’ accounts a breeze.
You can personalize the client reports to match your brand and to meet your specific requirements.
Kartra, like Podia, is offering a 25% discount on all of its programs that are billed annually. Kartra has a 30-day money-back guarantee, so if you don’t like it, you may obtain a refund.
Pros and Cons of Kartra and Podia
- DFY marketing funnels and campaigns that are completely free to use.
- Advanced tracking and affiliate management
- Helpdesk for modern customer support
- Appointment management calendar app
- Behavioral Adaptive Marketing (BAM) for advanced personalization
- Hosting of videos
- Helps with webinars
- Hundreds of page templates to choose from
- Solution for checkout and shopping cart
- Fantastic Facebook community and help
- For $99 per month, it might be pricey.
- It is missing a feature that allows for complex student management and interaction.
- The learning curve is steep.
- Extra video bandwidth necessitates the use of a third-party hosting service.
- There are no free trials available.
- Has a number of features for student engagement and management.
- Cheaper and more accessible
- Simple to understand and apply
- The user interface is simple and easy to use.
- For digital downloads from online courses, there is no restriction to the amount of storage available.
- Excellent client service
- There is no video hosting solution available.
- There isn’t a calendar or schedule app available.
- There isn’t a helpdesk feature.
- Limited page templates
- Customization is not available.
- There isn’t a whole marketing toolkit available.
If you’re a course designer who wants to focus on marketing your courses, Podia is the way to go because it offers good course modification choices, unlimited bandwidth, the opportunity to package courses, no transaction costs, and more.
Kartra, on the other hand, is the greatest platform for you to sell your products and services if you are a solopreneur, digital marketer, or blogger. Kartra’s agency function is the finest option for agency owners.
To be honest, Kartra’s features are superior to those of Podia.
Podia focuses on course creation, whereas Kartra focuses on funnel creation.
PS: At the Course Creator Community we have one. of the largest Facebook Groups in the world for Course Creators. Everyone in there is super supportive and we all share tips and ideas!
We would love to invite you to join our Group! Simply click the link below to join